Need of Air Purifier for New Born Baby
Living in a mega city gives you access to many facilities and services which are not available in smaller towns. But on the flip side, such mega cities, and especially Indian mega cities are witnessing a rampant infrastructure growth which in some ways is affecting our environment. One of the biggest problems arising out of this situation is Air Pollution.
A recent survey concluded that India is home to 13 of the 20 most polluted cities in the world (Ref.). Many foreign embassies and government institutions have installed air filtration units for protection against the rising levels of hazardous pollutants. While this is pertinent to outdoor air quality, the air that we breathe indoors is no better. On one hand the ambient air quality adversely affects the indoor air quality, on the other hand there are multiple sources of pollution residing inside our home itself.
We live indoors, why should we buy a home air purifier?
According to a study, indoor air pollution is one of the leading causes of pollution related deaths in India. Also, in metro cities like Bangalore, almost 50% youth and children below 18 years are suffering from asthma (Ref.).
Contrary to the popular belief that we are safe from pollution inside our homes, there are several air pollutants that thrive indoors and can cause health issues for you and your newly born baby.
- Carbon Mono-oxide particles entering from outside
- Microbial growths like fungi and mould that develop in damp places
- Allergens such as dust, pollen, pet dander, and kitchen smoke, etc.
- Airborne germs and viruses that are carried by pets or people, causing fever, flu and other health issues
- Toxic compounds that can mix in the air such as pesticides, herbicides, etc.
This is worrying news for the common people, and more so for those soon to be parents or with new borns. Children and new born babies breathe almost 50 percent more air than adults do (Ref.).Since a baby’s lungs are still developing and are delicate, presence of airborne toxins and allergens can have a negative impact on his health.Sometimes unclean air in the home can have long term health effects on new born babies, hampering natural growth, causing respiratory problems like asthma and weaker immunity against flus.
Fortunately, home air purifiers have become much more easily available and affordable than they were a few years ago. The indoor air purifiers have a compact size and have low service & maintenance requirements. If you are living in an Indian city and have a new born baby in the house, it is imperative that you buy an air purifier for home. However do ensure that the products that your look up for come with a design that does not have sharp edges and the filters are not exposed from any side, for the safety of your children. Another important factor to keep in mind is that the device should not produce any ozone as a byproduct of air filtration.
What to look for when buying an air purifier for a baby?
- The air purifier must not emit Ozone, which is damaging for both infants and adults.
- The air purifier should effectively remove toxic chemical gases from your home environment. There are several gases which are generally present inside homes, such as Formaldehyde, Volatile Organic Compounds, Carbon Monoxide, Sulphur Dioxide, etc.
- The air purifier should also be effective againstultra-fine air pollutants such as pet dander, airborne bacteria and viruses, dust mites, cooking smoke and soot.
Honeywell is a global technology leader and our rage of Air Purifiers for cars, homes & offices filter out the most harmful air pollutants effectively. Visit our website to know more about our air purification technology, products and how to buy a Honeywell Air Purifier for your home.